Colorado may be a putrid 1–7 season, but the Buffaloes have demonstrated a strangely mystical ability to bring opponents down with them. Incredibly, every FBS team that has beaten Colorado this season has lost their following game.
Take a look:
- Colorado State: Beat Colorado 9/1, lost to North Dakota State 9/8
- Fresno State: Beat Colorado 9/15, lost to Tulsa 9/22
- UCLA: Beat Colorado 9/29, lost to Cal 10/6
- Arizona State: Beat Colorado 10/11, lost to Oregon 10/18
- USC: Beat Colorado 10/20, lost to Arizona 10/27
- Oregon: Beat Colorado 10/27, TBD vs. USC 11/3
If Oregon is upset in Troy this Saturday, it’s safe to officially call this a curse.
One commentor on a message board thread where this was discussed made a valid point as to why this happens: “It’s hard to win after a bye week.”