If you’re a fan of both “Jeopardy!” and college football, you probably had a field day with the “Great Names in College Football” category on Wednesday’s show.
Here were the answers for the category (H/T SportsBusiness Daily):
- $200: “Hugs Etienne wraps up ball carriers for the Badgers of this Big 10 University.” (What is Wisconsin?)
- $400: “Ego Ferguson apparently has ample self-esteem for the Bayou Bengals of this state school.” (What is LSU?)
- $600: “Perhaps the most appropriate name ever: Wave Ryder, of this service academy.” (What is Navy?)
- $800: “The Demon Deacons of this North Carolina University have an unlikely secret weapon — defensive end Godspower Offor.” (What is Wake Forest?)
- $1000: “Terrence Bullit and Happiness Osunde get defensive for the Red Raiders of this alliterative Big 12 school.” (What is Texas Tech?)
Yes, Alex Trebek and the show’s clue writers made it easy by including the team nicknames. But it’s always nice to see a shout-out to the sport on the show.
We’re slightly surprised that Ego Ferguson got the clue nod over teammate Barkevious Mingo.