What better way to illustrated the pervading perception of fans/students/alums of select BCS conference schools than by drawing comparisons to them and characters from “The Simpsons”?
Thus far, the comparison has been made between the beloved, long-running cartoon series and the fans of teams from three conferences: the ACC, Big 12 and Big Ten.
Among our favorites:
- Snake: Fan of Texas Tech and Miami (because they’re criminals, get it?)
- Ned Flanders: Baylor and Wake Forest (insert religious joke here)
- Mr. Burns: Michigan (the winged helmet design is painted onto his head)
- Barney Gumble: Wisconsin (burp!)
- Crazy Cat Lady: Kansas State (we get the “Wildcats” reference, but separate from that this is just hilarious)
We eagerly look forward to seeing how teams from the Big East, Pac-12 and SEC are portrayed.