Photo: 117 Fans Attend Georgia Tech Spring Game
Bobby Dodd Stadium was virtually empty for Georgia Tech’s spring game on Friday. Almost literally; the reported attendance for the game was a paltry 117 fans.
Which Redditor and Yellow Jackets fan “escot” attributed to a combination of six factors:
- “Steeplechase [a local horse race] was the next day.”
- “It’s a Friday night. There’s, uh, better things to do.”
- “It’s Georgia Tech’s football team.”
- “For a school that is 30 minutes away from most Atlanta suburbs going home after Thursday and Friday is extremely common. Especially with how large the instate population is at Tech.”
- “It’s Easter weekend to add on extra incentive to number 4.”
- “It was 40 degrees and pouring all day. Weather was worse than the UNC game this year, and with that in recent memory, I could not get some of my friends to go to the game with me.”
Perhaps Tech should count itself lucky that 117 fans even bothered showing up.