The 2012 NFL Draft is over and there are some notable names from college football who were not selected in the three-day, seven-round event.
Heading the list is ex-Arizona State LB Vontaze Burfict, one of the most-talented players eligible for the draft – but one with problems on and off the field, including the reported failure of a drug test at the NFL combine.
The most surprising player unpicked was Washington RB Chris Polk, who rushed for nearly 1,500 yards last season but had injury concerns that scarred away NFL teams.
Also, Boise State QB Kellen Moore and Houston QB Case Keenum, two winning and prolific college QBs, were not selected. Ex-Oregon QB Darron Thomas and CB Cliff Harris – the latter ran into trouble with the law – also weren’t taken.
Here’s a list of the most notable undrafted players and the teams they signed with as undrafted free agents as of Sunday:
• RB Chris Polk (Washington): Philadelphia Eagles
• QB Kellen Moore (Boise State): Detroit Lions
• LB Vontaze Burfict (Arizona State): Cincinnati Bengals
• QB Case Keenum (Houston): Houston Texans
• QB Darron Thomas (Oregon): Unsigned
• CB Cliff Harris (Oregon): Philadelphia Eagles
• CB Chase Minnifield (Virginia): Washington Redskins
• DT Marcus Forston (Miami FL): New England Patriots
• QB Jordan Jefferson (LSU): Unsigned
• WR Dwight Jones (North Carolina): Houston Texans
• WR Jeff Fuller (Texas A&M): Miami Dolphins
• C Mike Brewster (Ohio State): Jacksonville Jaguars
• DE Donte Paige-Moss (North Carolina): Unsigned
• OT James Brown (Troy): Chicago Bears
• WR Chris Owusu (Stanford): San Francisco 49ers
• RB Tauren Poole (Tennessee): Carolina Panthers
• S Janzen Jackson (McNeese State): New York Giants
• QB John Brantley (Florida): Baltimore Ravens