Leonard Tyrell Young, a basketball player at
NAIA Division II Fresno Pacific, went on a wild rampage on Monday night after learning that he was kicked off the school’s basketball team, according to The Fresno Bee on Tuesday.
The newspaper said that Young, 21, ran naked through a convenience store parking lot, beat a police officer and police dog while also trying to steal a police car. The report said that he was hit with a taser three times before he was subdued.
The Bee also cited witnesses who said he “assaulted” two women in the process, and pounded on the convenience store’s glass and other cars in the parking lot in an obvious rage.
The report said that he “appeared intoxicated.”
A Philadelphia native, Young reportedly was tossed off the team for a violation of team standards, the university said, according to the newspaper.
Young, to say the least, was distraught beyond reason. But if someone is capable of this kind of meltdown, we think that his problems run deeper than frustration over getting booted from a basketball team.
Most read on LostLettermen.com:
• Ranking College Football’s “Games of the Century”
• VIDEO: Georgia TE Aron White Gets Stuck in Hedges
• Will LSU’s Les Miles Leave & Coach Miami Dolphins?
• FCS DE Eddie Delaney Has One Hand, Big Dreams
• VIDEO: Kevin Durant Plays Flag Football at OK State
• What Happened to Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang?
• VIDEO: Rich Rod Pokes Fun at West Virginia Lawsuit
• Antoine Walker Gets Served Lawsuit at Nightclub
• College FB, Hoops Provides Halloween Fodder
• VIDEO: Handlers for CU’s Ralphie Take Tumble