The Penn State Creamery is renowned for its ice cream. It makes about 100 different flavors, some of which are named after famous Penn Staters.
One of those flavors – the Sandusky Blitz – was named in honor of disgraced former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, who is facing felony charges for allegedly sexually abusing young boys. While it reportedly has not been served for several years, it was still listed on the creamery’s website on Sunday and described as a banana flavored ice cream with chocolate covered peanuts and a caramel swirl.
It has since been pulled down from the site.
While it sounds delicious, who would take their kids out for ice cream and buy a flavor named after an alleged child molester?
Most read on LostLettermen.com:
• Ranking College Football’s “Games of the Century”
• VIDEO: Georgia TE Aron White Gets Stuck in Hedges
• Will LSU’s Les Miles Leave & Coach Miami Dolphins?
• FCS DE Eddie Delaney Has One Hand, Big Dreams
• VIDEO: Kevin Durant Plays Flag Football at OK State
• What Happened to Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang?
• VIDEO: Rich Rod Pokes Fun at West Virginia Lawsuit
• Antoine Walker Gets Served Lawsuit at Nightclub
• College FB, Hoops Provides Halloween Fodder
• VIDEO: Handlers for CU’s Ralphie Take Tumble