The coverage of the Penn State scandal surrounding ex-defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky has become so non-stop that it’s now absurd.
Consider the comments of ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi, who has been stationed in State College, PA, where he is staking out Penn State’s campus. While doing a stand-up in the below video, Rinaldi talks about the future of president Graham Spanier at Ohio State University – twice.
We know it was just a brain lock, but it might be the first sign that the round-the-clock coverage has beaten the reporters – on top of the story – into the ground.
Of course, the story has become big enough that CNN’s non-sports personnel are part of the coverage. And the network is doing its best to, um, advance it by asking the following: does anybody know when Penn State plays next?
So glad they are helping.
Most read on LostLettermen.com:
• Ranking College Football’s “Games of the Century”
• VIDEO: Georgia TE Aron White Gets Stuck in Hedges
• Will LSU’s Les Miles Leave & Coach Miami Dolphins?
• FCS DE Eddie Delaney Has One Hand, Big Dreams
• VIDEO: Kevin Durant Plays Flag Football at OK State
• What Happened to Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang?
• VIDEO: Rich Rod Pokes Fun at West Virginia Lawsuit
• Antoine Walker Gets Served Lawsuit at Nightclub
• College FB, Hoops Provides Halloween Fodder
• VIDEO: Handlers for CU’s Ralphie Take Tumble